Tuesday, March 10, 2015

C4T Summary # 2



Intrepid Teacher

By: Jabiz Raisdana

Jabiz wrote a post about a literacy work shop that he attended and discussed the ways that Penny Kittle, also an educator, builds and helps student pursue their literacy goals and ways in which teachers can help their students to do so. He gave multiple examples of ways Penny helped them build better literacy in their own classroom and ways to get students to become independent in their reading journey. As well as how to handle one on one time with the students and how to maximize that time.


I commented,  As a student currently pursuing my degree in elementary education, this was such an insightful read. For me, this is another tool for my literacy "toolbox" that I am currently filling throughout my education. Any and all information teachers can get to improve their students' reading, writing, and critical thinking skills is golden. I agree that as stated above thinking takes time, let the students stew in the silence...I love this! Giving students at any age time to process and build upon their own thoughts can make for a magical payoff of creativity, understanding, and discover. I can not wait to become a teacher and build off of the knowledge that has been passed on to me from various places such as this post and many others. Thank you so much for sharing this invaluable information and sparking my intellectual capabilities as a future educator.




The Flipped Coach 


By: Jason Hahnstadt


Jason wrote an interesting post about a strategy he has been using as a coach. This strategy is called the SAMR Model. In the model he discuses the various ways he uses this model for his players and the ways the players use and share this information with their teammates and himself in collaboration with Google Drive.



I commented, Thought this was a very interesting post. Utilizing technology and digital references and feedback in partner with Google Drive is an valuable way to not only connect with a team but also to ensures that no one player is left out of the loop of what is happening first hand with their team. I agree that Modification and Redefinition are key components in this new type of learning strategy, but I also see endless value in Augmentation. Augmentation alone allows players to see first hand what they are excelling and struggling with and for the coach to see the same, allowing for ample time to catch and correct mistakes. I thought this was a great read. 






https://musicedhighlights.wordpress.com/category/student-teaching-advice/student-teaching-reflectionsexperiences/








No comments:

Post a Comment