Sunday, March 1, 2015

Blog Post #7

Technology: The New Classroom Tool

http://simpsoncenter.org/news/2013/12/teaching-technology-graduate-interest-group-invites-student-instructors-share
The way we educate students is much different today than in the past.Today, technology is the foundation for educating our students. But the key to giving students a quality, engaging, and relevant education is by first starting with ourselves. As teachers it is vital that we educate ourselves on the ever changing and improving ways in which we deliver information to students. For me personally, I feel there are several ways I will need to prepare myself as I enter this new and exciting world of education. In order to integrate technology into my future classroom I will first need to educate myself on different student friendly programs, and use those programs in a manner in which my students will find interesting and helpful. I will also need to learn how to use the programs and the technology in the most efficient way to maximize their learning potential and I will strive to practice exciting ways to deliver the information they will need in an engaging way. Most important, I will challenge myself to continually pursue new opportunities to use technology in my classroom and new ways to broaden my technical knowledge for what will be an ever changing teaching and learning experience for my students and myself.

Here are some videos that reflect the importance of technology in the classroom.

Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library in Kindergarten: This video explains ways that iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library can be used in the classroom with Kindergarten students. They used iMovie to make book trailers using their current reading material. The Alabama Virtual Library is used in this situation for teaching the students how to conduct research in a safe and educational environment.

We All Become Learners: This video explains that through technology everyone becomes and is required to become a learner and a teacher at all levels and ages.

iPads in the Classroom: This video shows how iPads can expand learning in the classroom and offer students a way to learn that is both exciting and engaging. It also creates a more efficient classroom for the students to learn in.

Top 10 Reasons to Use Technology in Education: This video explains reasons and ways to use technology in the classroom. Some of the reasons it discusses are that it reaches a broad range of students as well as save time and money.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Danielle! I agree that in order to give students a quality education, we must first examine and educating ourselves as teachers. I look forward to enriching and improving myself as a teacher through the use of technology.

    ReplyDelete