Friday, January 16, 2015

Practice Blog


Outline:

About me: Who I am? Where am I from? ect.

Profession.:Why I chose education?

Educator: What does an educator do?

Passions: What are my passions?

           Hi! my name is Danielle Fields, I am 24 years old. I was raised and currently reside in the birth place of Mardi Gras, Mobile, Alabama, that is pronounced Mo-beel for all those who might be leaning more towards the actual pronunciation of the word.  I have lived in the south my entire life and I would love to someday travel and possibly live overseas at some point. I have always found the entire learning process intriguing. I enjoy learning as well as witnessing and helping someone especially children discover new and exciting ways and things to learn. I have two other educators in my family, my mother and one of my aunts.Their influence is another reason I feel inspired to become an educator as well as the wonderful and intelligent teachers I have had along the way, and even the not so wonderful and intelligent teachers I have been taught by over the years, not only in the public schools I attended but also at the college level. Those learning experiences whether good or bad have placed me where I am today.
         An educator is someone who not only educates their students through knowledge and experience but also inspires their students to learn at every opportunity and at every level in their life. Today in education there are so many opportunities and exciting new tools that were in their early stages or just not around when I was a student. Things like smart-boards and a lot of the programs and learning tools for students. Education has grown an exciting amount over the years and educators should take advantage of these opportunities for their students.The short time an educator spends with their students is one of many steps that helps mold them into the person they will someday become. A small but crucial role, where I hope to make every minute count. As I stated above I enjoy learning, and that passion carries over into teaching for me. There is always an opportunity to learn something! Working with children and helping them discover themselves as students is what I am most excited for. That being said I am excited to begin my journey to refining the teacher within myself!




http://lhsimage.com/news/2014/03/01/st-louis-home-to-the-second-biggest-mardi-gras-party-in-the-united-states/

No comments:

Post a Comment