Tuesday, February 24, 2015

C4K Summary #1


C4K Summary



One of our EDM310 projects labeled Comments for Kids (C4K) enables us to connect from all over the world by reading and commenting on student blogs from all ages. Here are some of the wonderful student blogs I was assigned to comment on.
http://www.bitrebels.com/social/3-things-someone-told-me-blogging/

Mr. Boylen Iowa 7th Grade Lit Class : student name: Niyah P.

Niyah wrote a post about her siblings, her pets, and also her favorite animal. She has three brothers, a cat, a dog, and a bird. her favorite animal is an owl.

I commented, Hey Niyah!  I'm a student at the University of South Alabama, pretty far away from where you are. I really enjoyed reading about all of your pets that you and your brothers have, I also have a brother but he is two years younger than me. I love all kinds of animals. I agree with you owls are especially cool. My favorite animal is a koala bear they mostly live in Australia, maybe one day I will get to go and see one.


Mr. Boylen Iowa 8th Grade Lit Class: Shelby M.

Shelby wrote about her hobbies which are writing, drawing, reading, playing video games, and her interest in space and science. Also what her favorite season and holidays are as well as just some of her favorite things that she likes or enjoys doing.

I commented, Hi Shelby! My name is Danielle, I am a student at the University of South Alabama studying Elementary Education. I thought that your blog post was interesting and very well written. I also enjoy writing, reading, and the occasional video, game when I have a spare moment. I also agree, space is very interesting. It seems you can never run out of information to learn about it. Thanks for sharing!


Mrs. Hartman's Pennsylvania 4th grade class: Student Owen 

Owen talked about the book Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone and described the first part of the book and gave some of his own thoughts about the book. He asked his readers which house at Hogwarts they would like be placed in if they were a wizard.

I commented, Hi! My name is Danielle Fields, I am a student at the University of South Alabama I thought this was a great post Owen! You did a great job describing the first part of this story. I think that it would be way cool to be a wizard also. You could wave your wand and never have to clean your room or do chores again! If I were a witch or wizard I would want to be in the Gryffindor house, because Harry and his friends seem like they have a lot of fun, and it would be neat to be in the same house as them. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the book! 

Mrs. Maslowski's Per 3 class: Joliet West High School- Illinois, Student: Jose

Jose's blog post was about Tupac Shakur. She talked about his music and how much she relates to  him and his music.

I commented, Hi Jose! My name is Danielle and I attend the University of South Alabama. I was reading your blog, and I think Tupac was a great rapper also. Like you said he wrote about real life problems which I think that all types of people can relate to. I thought you had a great post!  Something that helped when I started my blog this semester was peer editing. I always allow a friend or classmate to proof read my blog before I post. I hope you continue to blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment